Kitten Sales Contract and Health Guarantee
SELLER: Hidden View Farms LLC 7575 Bremen RD SE Lancaster, OH 43130 740-974-8618 firstname.lastname@example.org USDA License #31-A-0530
Our Health Guarantee:
- Your kitten has been checked by our vet before leaving our place and we will provide you with a report of this physical exam.
- A buyer may have their new kitten checked by a licensed veterinarian within five days of purchase. If the kitten is found not to be in good health, other than the nonreturnable reasons listed, it may be returned for a full refund within these five days. Any return of the kitten will be at the buyer’s expense. NONRETURNABLE REASONS: (Cosmetic flaws, Abuse or Neglect, Fleas/Ticks, Parasites, Coccidia, Kennel Cough, Hernias or Luxating Patellas Grade 1 or 2)
- If the kitten should be diagnosed with hip dysplasia before reaching 12 months of age, it would be replaced according to terms in #4 of this section.
- If the kitten should die from, or be diagnosed with a life-threatening genetic defect before reaching 24 months of age (2 years), it will be replaced with a kitten of equal value, or 100% of your purchase price be applied toward a kitten of greater value. If a similar kitten is not available at the time, one will be selected from the first available litter. If shipping is required, it will be at the buyer’s expense. If the kitten should die within the first 2 years, the Seller is to be notified within 48 hours of the death. In the case of death, an autopsy/necropsy MUST be performed to determine the exact cause of death before validating this agreement. These results shall be sent to the seller in writing. The expense of the autopsy/necropsy shall be the responsibility of the buyer. WRITTEN PROOF WILL BE REQUIRED TO VERIFY ALL OF THE ABOVE. The kitten will not be replaced if it should die from abuse, neglect, accident or sickness contracted after purchase. Hypoglycemia is not considered a genetic defect. Heart murmurs graded 1 or 2 are not considered life-threatening.
Additional Guarantee (Optional)
- We highly believe in and use NuVet Plus Supplements for our cats and kittens. Kittens have immature immune systems that take time to mature and there are many factors that affect the condition and health of your kitten such as the quality of food and environmental factors. We are so confident that NuVet Plus will benefit your kitten’s health that we will extend this genetic health guarantee for an additional 24 months (2 years) if you continue your new kitten on NuVet Plus. You would be required to purchase it through our online link and use it from the take-home of the kitten through the end of this guarantee period, as recommended on their label. Failure to be able to provide proof of purchase will make part of the guarantee null and void. We recommend that you continue to give your pet NNuVet Plus beyond the guarantee period, promoting lifelong continual optimal health for your cat.
- Also, by continuing the NuVet supplement from the first day you take your kitten home we will offer a 7-day medication reimbursement protocol that covers parasites, coccidia, giardia, and kennel cough. If your licensed vet diagnoses any of these common kitten issues within the first 7 days of taking your kitten home you can email us your invoice and we will reimburse you the cost of the medication. All receipts should be emailed to email@example.com
- A kitten cannot be placed on hold without a deposit. The buyer understands that by placing a deposit on a specific kitten, it is considered a commitment to buy, therefore the deposit is NONREFUNDABLE. In the event that something unforeseen should happen to the kitten that the deposit is placed on, the buyer will have the option to either (A) be refunded the deposit amount or (B) transfer the deposit to another kitten of the buyer’s choice. This deposit is only transferable if something unforeseen happens to the kitten. The deposit must be used within one year of the original deposit date, in this case.
- Once you place the deposit, you are required to contact us by the “Ready to Go” date to set up an appointment or to arrange travel options for your kitten. If you do not contact us by that date to make arrangements, you will forfeit your deposit. You are required to pick your kitten up within 1 week of either: making the deposit if the kitten is over 12 weeks olf, or within one week of the kitten turning 12 weeks old. If you should require us to hold the kitten more than 7 days past that “Ready to Go ” date, your kitten must be paid in full and we reserve the right to add a boarding fee of $50 per week, within anything less than 7 days equaling 1 week. If the kitten is not paid in full by the time the turns 13 weeks old your deposit will be forfeited. We can be very flexible if you contact us ahead of time and have your plans approved by us.
- Once you have placed a deposit on a kitten you are locked into the price that we agreed on at the time of the deposit. We may decide to change the price of the kittens at any time and any price change will not be reflected on the kitten you have already placed a deposit on.
- You, as the new owner, are REQUIRED to (A) keep the kitten current on all vaccinations (B) keep the kitten on monthly heart work preventative (C) if illness occurs, the kitten is to receive immediate veterinarian care and all prescribed treatment is to be followed. Proper kitten care if required to validate this health guarantee. If the seller feels proper kitten care was not performed, the seller can void this contract.
- If you are purchasing a kitten as a “pet only” you will be required to have your kitten spayed/neutered by 6 months of age. You are required to provide the breeder with proof of spay/neuter within 14 days after the surgery. NO REGISTRATION PAPERS will be provided until proof of spay/neuter has been received by the breeder.
Additional Sales Terms
- The seller does NOT guarantee the size, color, conformation, show/breeding quality, breeding ability, or behavioral characteristics of this kitten. This includes kittens that are purchased with full registration and/or with the intention of breeding.
- This guarantee extends to the original purchase only. If the kitten is resold, given away or transferred ownership, the guarantee is void.
- THE SELLER IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY VETERINARIAN COSTS INCURRED BY THE KITTEN AFTER IT LEAVES OUR PLACE.
- At any point in the kitten’s life, if he/she needs to be returned for a reason other than the kitten’s health, we will always take the kitten back. WE DO NOT WANT TO SEE OUR KITTENS IN SHELTERS. 50% of the purchase price will be refunded within 72 hours. After 72 hours, no refunds will be given. The kitten must be returned with all paperwork and in the same health condition as when it was purchased.
- By signing and agreeing to the terms of this contract we state that all information provided to you is accurate to the best of our knowledge.